Sunday, September 5, 2010

La Primera Semana



I cant believe its only been a week!! We have done soo much I dont even know where to start.....
First Day of School
Well, school is awesome. Seriously, we barely have any homework and one of my teachers said that if we would rather explore the streets of Alcalá or hang out with a new "novio" instead of going to class she was totally fine with it. Awesome right? We also have about 10 hours of class a week with fridays off for traveling.... its the best:)

Plaza de Cervantes.... I walk by this beautiful scenery everyday

The city of Alcalá is BEAUUUTIFUL. And very large, I have gotten lost of couple of times.... for example Lindsey and I took the wrong bus back from church today and ended up hopping buses for over an hour trying to find our way back haha. To our credit, there are NO maps of the different bus lines or ANYTHING anywhere.

The architecture here is my faavorite... not just in Alcalá but everywhere! They pretty much have every era possible: Baroque, Venitian, Gothic, and the list keeps going.

Plaza en Madríd
Spikes on a Medevial Door
la Catedral in Alcalá


Even McDonalds resides in a beautiful building
The coolest doorknob ever



Plaza Mayor en Madríd


For Emily: Super old bookstore!!


The next subject is food. If anyone knows my family very well, they know that we LOVE to eat.... especially desserts. Well, I am a huge fan of the Spanish Cusine. My host mom is an AMAZING cook and has yet to cook something other than delicious. She has already made us classic Spanish dishes, including paella, albondigas (best meatball things ever), tortilla española, y mucho más.
A market in Madríd. I love the colors!!
chocolate and churros:) SOOO delicious

Shrimp!! I usually am not a fan of seafood, but i told myself i would try everything and its surprising really good. So far Ive had shrimp and cod.


No comments:

Post a Comment