Sunday, September 26, 2010

Happy Houses and Abstract Angels


I cant believe I've been here for a month already.... time flies by so fast!!!

Here are some of the wonderful things we did this week:

Number One: Go to McDonalds. yes, shocking I know. I don't even like McDonalds--but the smell of American food wafting down the street I go by everyday finally lured me inside. I had the best HAPPY meal of my life, even though according to this picture it gave us Jaundice.


Number Two: On Friday, we went to La Reina Sofia, which is the modern art museum in Madríd, Personally, ABSTRACT art is not my favorite, but here are some of the highlights:


Guernica- Even though its kinda weird I really like this painting because it represents the cruelties of war--especially against innocent civilians. It stands as a symbol of anti-war movement even today.

Guernica: Pablo Picasso 1937
We also saw a lot of art by Salvador Dalí, and I still have no idea how I am suppose to interpret it, so I don't.... But here is one of the paintings anyways!

The Enigma of Hitler: Salvador Dalí 1939
Number Three hasta Seven: On Saturday we took a day trip to Cuenca and Uclés.

In Uclés we explored another Catedral, but this time we really explored it. We got there so early in the morning that no one else was there besides our group. Also, pretty much any door that was open and didn't have a sign saying 'private room' we went into....

Making a wish in the well in the courtyard



sitting on my thrown..... (chiste)
playing a SUPER old piano

exploring the rennovation unit... glad that this ANGEL has top priority
After our stop in Uclés we headed to Cuenca, the city of hanging HOUSES.

pretty houses along the street


First, we went to another cathedral (surprised?) which was awesome, but we weren't allowed to take any pictures. However, that didnt stop me from sneaking a few in.
The stained glass is all yellow: hence the yellow glow. SUPERbonita
Of course we had to brave the huge bridge (it moved back and forth) to get the ultimate view of the casas colgadas...

I love these girls:)
Spitting contest!! Syke. We were spitting off the bridge because it looked really pretty falling in the light.





No comments:

Post a Comment