Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Cabin


This is the Crandall Cabin...... aka one of my favorite places on earth. Some of my fondest memories of growing up were in this old, rickety, 70's style home. Whether it was playing cops and robbers with my cousins or fishing at connie's pond, I knew that at the cabin we would always be having fun.

Luckily for me, i got to go there this past weekend!!! Brigham, my bf and bff, had never been to Yellowstone which is only a 45 minute drive from Teton Valley (where the cabin is) so off we went to show off the beautiful nature around us. It was a beautiful day despite all the snow that was still on the ground as we packed all 6 of us in a 5 person car (this becomes important later).... As we drove from site to site, Brigham and I in the trunk, we captured some pretty sweet pictures of the nature and wildlife around us.... Here are just a few.
View of the Teton's
Brig and I by the steaming pools

Coyote... def not the Crandall's favorite animal
Bison on the side of the road
yes that is a grizzly with her two cubs. Awesome, I know;)
The girls:)


So as were driving back from the park, my dad (being the wonderful, but aggresive driver that he is) was accidently going over the speed limit... and of course he gets pulled over. Remember that we had six people with only 5 seatbelts? ya bad news bears.. (Shannon I hope your reading this). So in the meantime while the cop is turning around I leapt over the back seat from the trunk and in a matter of seconds Im buckled up like nothing was ever wrong. We debated if we should try and cover Brigham up with all of our jackets, but deciding that doing so would only be worse, he just pretended to be sleeping in the trunk. Of course the cop got a gooood look at him while he came up to our window. Later he commented, "well he's clearly passed out" like its completely legal to have someone sleeping in the trunk. Luckily we got off with a warning, even though my dad was going over 15 more than the speed limit. Turns out these two were the best cops ever. 


Later that weekend we had some fun paint balling out in the woods of our cabin... Whit and I took on the boys, but sadly we lost--as you can see Brigham had the best record of hitting his targets. We were fortunate to use the 80's snowmobiling suits at the cabin for padding. 


   
Overall it was a wonderful trip.... Like always we cozied up to the crackling fire while eating Maddox and played some games. The cool mountain air with the scent of pine trees in the air was the perfect vacation for the 3 day weekend.  I cant wait to go up again for the 4th :) 

2 comments:

  1. Dear Rachel,

    First I am reading it, and I am honored to be mentioned. But if you say it again I will hunt down a mama grizzly, put her in your bedroom and just wait patiently for you to come home. In this and only this situation, are you allowed to say "bad news bears".

    Second, I really miss you.

    Third, I want to go back to your cabin to see if hick and hicker are still around.

    Fourth, I love you.

    That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon I miss you too!!! Please come to my cabin!!!! im not even kidding, if you want to road trip there i am MORE than happy to meet you up there or drive with you or whatever. For reals, we should go:) and yes i too want to go back to billy's :):) ahhh i love you!!

    ReplyDelete